14 Eleven inexplicable investigative omissions
(1) No picture of the Francis Rubaiyat was released.
(2) No picture of the torn page in the Francis book was released.
(3) No picture of the pencilled code was released.
(4) No picture of the ultra-violet enhanced code was released.
(5) No picture of the telephone number was released.
(6) No picture of the name on the back cover was released.
(7) There is no account of the police overwriting the code to make it more legible.
(8) There is no account of either army or navy coding personnel overwriting the code to make it more legible.
(9) No member of the Francis family, either in the Hillman or generations since has uttered a public word about the events of the day the book was said to have been found.
(10) There was no report of any of the items in the suitcase being tested for fingerprints.
Gerry Feltus, in his book The Unknown Man tells us that SM’s fingerprints were posted by the police to all English-speaking countries on 21 December 1948, we even have a letter signed by J Edgar Hoover telling them that the prints had no match in US criminal records.
According to the Francis story, his brother-in-law placed the Rubaiyat into the Hillman glovebox where it lay undisturbed for six months before being handed to Detective Sergeant Leane.
Now we can add another score to the total.
(11) There was no report of the Francis Rubaiyat being tested for fingerprints.