Milongal is the pseudonym for a fellow who has been up to his neck in the Somerton Case as long as anyone else around here, he’s a regular on CM but the committee here doesn’t think NP gives him a decent run for his money.
We hope to change that.
There’s nothing more invigorating than hearing another take on the mystery and milongal gets a turn on centre stage here, just like Dude47 and BD, Gordon Cramer etc – even the cumudgeon himself, The Dome.
The best way forward, we think, is to pick the pertinent eyes out of M’s last post on CM and reproduce them here, nothing sinister intended, if anything is out of order we will change it. Ok?
From the top:
“(1) I think the onus to prove the microwriting is on the proponents who believe in it (and I can see Clive and Gordon have invested significant research into it [and kudos to them for it] – but I remain unconvinced).
(2) I don’t think SM is Pavel. I don’t think Tibor is related much. I absolutely don’t think there’s microcode on the “code” page. I don’t really thing there’s microcode on Jestyn’s scribbles to Alf. I seriously doubt any microcode on Feltus’ book.
(3) I’m not sure SM was at the Adelaide Railway Station that day.
(4) I’m not certain it’s his suitcase.
(5) I don’t believe either ticket in his pocket was his.
(6) I struggle with the spy theory because there are too many obviously extraordinary things.
(7) I think the burden of proof for microwriting is on the people who believes it exists. And the “proof” to date is (in my opinion) not there.
(8) I find it odd that we argue over microcode when (as far as I can tell) it isn’t actually related to the likelihood of Pavel being, or not being SM
…so we’re essentially arguing over an irrelevant detail.
(9) I don’t subscribe to Pavel for loads of other reasons (even other than the weak resemblance)”
That’s it, milongal: your line is set, your hooks are baited.
Shall we see who bites?